Mortgage calculator

?

?

« Back

3.65 acres, Eccleshall, Stafford, ST21, Staffordshire
Under Offer - Guide Price £1,850,000


  • Views over open countryside with a beautiful lake in the mid distance.
  • A number of highly regarded state and public schools in the surrounding area.
  • Commuter links include the M6 and M54 motorways and are easily accessible.
  • Accessed via a long private drive.
  • Secondary accommodation.

A Country house of great gravitas overlooking beautiful countryside with 5 flats and just over a mile from the popular picturesque village of Eccleshall.

Location

Johnson Hall is situated just over a mile from the picturesque village of Eccleshall offering a range of local shops, butchers, public houses, eateries, library, supermarket and a medical centre as well as providing a thriving community with numerous social and sporting events.

To the South-West is Newport with a wide selection of High Street shops and supermarkets.

There are a number of highly regarded state and public schools in the surrounding area including Haberdasher’s Adams Grammar School in Newport, St Dominic’s Primary School in
Breward, Stafford Grammar, Yarlet Prep School as well as a number of highly regarded schools in Shrewsbury.

Commuter links include the M6 and M54 motorways and are easily accessible providing access to the Midland business centres, north to Manchester and south to Birmingham.

The nearby county town of Stafford has a superb interlink service to London with fast trains with the fastest travel time in 1 hour 15 minutes. It is envisaged that the new HS2 link from Stafford will reduce journey times to 50 minutes to London. Regional international airports include Manchester, Birmingham and East Midlands.

Description

It’s believed that there has been a house on the site of Johnson Hall since the 1200s. As with many country houses, Johnson Hall has evolved through the centuries from the early medieval house to a Georgian house and remodelled in 1883 into its current handsome Cheshire Tudor style.

Johnson Hall is approached up a long private drive through electric gates into a gravelled sweep in front of the house. To the south are wonderful views over open countryside with a beautiful lake in the mid distance.

It is believed that there has been a house on the site since about 1200 but it has evolved over the various centuries. In the 1700s an elegant Georgian House stood on the site. This existing house was completely re-modelled in 1883 by W Moat to the current handsome house in Cheshire Tudor style exuding its own grandeur.

Steps lead up to an inner porch and into the enclosed front hall with ornate plasterwork at a high level to either side. The focal point of the house is the fabulous Great Hall with its oak
parquet flooring, oak panneling and its glazed atrium allowing light. The fireplace is an exquisitely carved timber surround believed to have been brought from elsewhere and pre-dating the existing house.

The house is at present divided into the main portion, five flats and a separate area of three rooms. The finest room of the main portion of the house is the principal Drawing Room with its beautiful marble Georgian fireplace, large curved stone mullioned windows allowing views over both the gardens and the lake in the distance. The Drawing Room opens up into the Billiard Room with a timbered Georgian fireplace. The Library is an impressive fully oak panelled room, fireplace with a carved mantle surround depicting a coat of arms. The dining room is a particularly elegant room with fine cornicing at a high level and large curved stoned mullioned windows overlooking the garden.

On the first floor are six bedrooms. These include the principal bedroom with its en suite bathroom with power shower, bath, wc and two basins. Bedroom 2 has an en suite bathroom with bath, shower, wc and basin. Bedroom 3. Bedroom 4. Box room. Bathroom with shower, basin and wc.

Bedroom 5 has a dressing room and en suite bathroom with bath, wc and basin. Bedroom 6 is currently not used.

In the west wing of the house is a series of three rooms which have, until recently, been used as an office and workshop. The house is complimented by an extensive range of seven cellars.

There are three garages fitted with electric roller doors.

The five flats, three of one bedroom and two of two bedrooms, are accessed through a separate rear entrance.

Four of the apartments are currently let on Assured Shorthold Tenancies, the fifth being currently vacant.

Johnson Hall is set in lovely gardens and grounds, mainly laid to lawn with lovely trees and shrubs surrounding.


Acreage: 3.65 Acres

Directions

From M6 junction 14 take the Eccleshall road into Eccleshall. Proceed through Eccleshall taking the Newport road. The entrance to Johnson Hall is found after 1 mile on the right. It
should be noted that the postcode does not take you to the property. Ignore the postcode and take the next turn to the right where you will see a lodge entrance. Continue up the
drive to the gates and ring the intercom.

Postcode for sat nav: ST21 7BE. Carry on for 200 yards and you will find the entrance on the right.

what3words: directors.printout.emeralds

Disclaimer

Property Ref.36689_TES050209. The information about this property is an advertisement displayed on our website by the agent referred to above. This advertisement does not comprise property particulars. AMC does not warrant its accuracy or completeness or the accuracy or completeness of any linked or associated information. Please see website terms of use