Mortgage calculator

?

?

« Back

100 acres, The Chobham Park Estate, Chobham, GU24, Surrey
For Sale - Guide Price £15,000,000

  • 8 bedrooms
  • 6 reception rooms
  • 6 bathrooms
  • 100.00 acres
  • Leisure Facilities
  • Outbuildings
  • Period
  • Equestrian
  • Garden
  • Rural

The Chobham Park Estate comprises an outstanding principal house set in a wonderful rural position, surrounded by beautiful formal gardens and grounds. There are three excellent secondary properties ideal for guests or letting, currently providing substantial rental income. The main house is private, with Chobham Park Cottage and Little Chobham Park Cottage along with The Tithe Barn accessed off a separate spur from the main drive. There is also extensive stabling on the estate within the principal stable courtyard near the main house and a separate polo yard set further away providing 26 loose boxes.

Believed to date from around 1700, Chobham Park House is an elegant Grade II Listed manor house with a classic Georgian façade. Approached along a treelined driveway which passes through its own land, the immediate gardens and grounds are accessed through impressive entrance gates with stone piers. The gravel drive leads up to a large parking area to the side of the house. The house has undergone a substantial program of refurbishment in recent years resulting in an extremely
high standard of presentation. The property offers light and well-proportioned rooms, all enjoying superb views over the gardens and grounds. The accommodation briefly comprises an elegant
light reception hall, drawing room, dining room, study, wonderful family kitchen/breakfast room, morning room, guest cloakroom, utility room and second cloakroom. On the first floor there is an impressive master suite, with large double aspect bedroom, en suite bath/shower and a fabulous dressing room. There is a second bedroom suite, two further bedrooms and a family bathroom on
this floor.

Further accommodation can be found on the second floor where there is a bedroom suite with
balcony, two further bedrooms and a bathroom. There is also an additional sitting room on the top floor. A second set of stairs from the kitchen provide access to the eastern side of the house, where on the first floor there is a study and a fabulous triple aspect first floor sitting room. On the top floor, on this side of the house, is a further shower room and a dressing room.

Adjacent to the main house is the coach house which offers garaging for four cars, a gym and a first floor games/billiards room.

Conveniently situated acriss the courtyard is a converted barn laid out to provide excellent offices with a meeting room, sitting room, office, store room, kitchen and cloakroom.

Across the drive is a substantial timber framed and clad barn conversion with a galleried reception/dining room with kitchen/breakfast room, on the ground floor and two large bedroom suites on the first floor with a galleried landing. The Tithe barn has a beautifully landscaped private
garden and is ideal for principal guest accommodation.

Opposite The Tithe Barn sits Chobham Park Cottage. The cottage offers two principal reception rooms, a study, kitchen and cloakroom on the ground floor with a bathroom and en suite shower room
on the first floor. This building is presently used as a private office but is perfect for guests. Next to it is
Little Chobham Park Cottage which is a single storey 2 bedroom cottage (both en suite) with reception room and kitchen, ideal for guests or staff.

It is understood that the land at the site of Chobham Park was owned in ancient times by the Abbot and Monks of Chertsey Abbey. It was granted to Chertsey Abbey prior to 675 A.D by Frithwald the subregulus of Surrey and the founder of the Abbey. There was a double moated manor house on the site of the existing Chobham Park House until around 1537 and the dissolution of the monasteries saw the house pass to Henry VIII. It is thought the King kept the manor for his own use before his daughter Queen Mary sold the property to her chancellor, Nicholas Heath, Archbishop of York, in 1558. The estate was enclosed by a pale, which gave it the right to be called a park with it being marked as a deer park on John Norden's map of 1610.

The Chobham Park Estate lies about 1.4 miles from the village of Chobham. This historic and thriving village on the Surrey/Berkshire border offers comprehensive day to day shopping as well as excellent pubs, restaurants and a village school.

The estate lies to the south of Chobham Common, a recognised National Nature Reserve. At 1620 acres, it is the largest area of lowland heathland in the south east and provides miles of uninterrupted walks and rides. (www.surreywildlifetrust.org/nature-reserves/chobham-common)

Close to the house are a network of footpaths with access to beautiful countryside, ideal for dog walking.

Woking to the south and Sunningdale to the north provide a further extensive range of shopping including Waitrose, recreational facilities and train services to London Warerloo.

Chobham 1.4 miles, Fairoaks airfield 1.7 miles, M25 (Junction 11) 3 miles, M3 (Junction 3) 5 miles, Woking (Waterloo about 25 minutes) 4.5 miles, Ascot 8 miles, Windsor 9 miles, Guildf

Disclaimer

Property Ref.65851_CHO100593. The information about this property is an advertisement displayed on our website by the agent referred to above. This advertisement does not comprise property particulars. AMC does not warrant its accuracy or completeness or the accuracy or completeness of any linked or associated information. Please see website terms of use